Monday 28 November 2011

Thing 19 & 23

Being waaaaay behind the schedule I took liberty to do cpd things in my own order and I decided to join together things 19 and 23 as they both require reflection on the program.

First a little bit about the tools:
Ones, that I use, but I want to use more:
- blog
- networking
- personal brand
- twitter
- national/regional groups
- chartership
- seminars and conferences
- Jing and podcasts

New to me, but will be used:
- personal brand
- online networks
- Dropbox
- Referencing
- updating and working on skills and CV

Ones, I'm not so sure about:
- Pushnote
- RSS
- Google calendar
- Evernote

What have I learnt from this program?
A lot of useful resources and tips. It showed me that there is plenty great people, ready to share, meet and learn from. It gave me better understanding of librarianship and made me even prouder that I am part of this great profession.
But also I learnt that: I NEED TO be more systematic. I NEED TO put what I learn in practice more. I NEED TO improve my reflective writing

SMART my objectives?
I tend to develop my objectives using urgent-important matrix. On one of the time management trainings I have noticed that things that are important, but not urgent are the ones that I neglect most. So I made this matrix and put in there all my objectives. I have a look in there once in a while and make sure that I haven't forgot about them and still (slowly but surely) move towards achieving them. Now I made them a little bit SMARTer and I hope this will help me to be more focused.

What next?
I have made my PDP for my chartership, in two weeks I'm meeting my mentor to discuss it with her. I guess next step will be putting together my portfolio and slowly going through my goals. Lots of things to read, to implement and to learn from. Exciting!:)

In 6 words: enjoyable journey that doesn't end here...

No comments:

Post a Comment