Sunday 20 November 2011

Thing 15

I certainly haven't attended as much conferences I would like to. Online information looks always very interesting, but I've never had a chance to participate. I was lucky though, to take part in a lot of trainings and courses, which offered me the most important thing - opportunity for networking in maybe less formal and intimidating (I'm not great in small talk) atmosphere.
That just reminded me - I kept getting those e-mails inviting me to conference in Brazil, I wonder what would HR say for that...:)

Speaking on conference is my big dream, without SMART objectives, so far. And mainly because i don't know what I could talk about. I'm sure that you have to have much more experience to make it worthwhile for others to listen to you, and you need much more confidence. It is a huge achievement for me to run sessions for staff and it makes me nervous before I start. But to stand in front of lots of people I don't know - well that's terrifying.

Strangely, the biggest experience I have in organising conferences. In my previous job in training, advertising and event agency I was responsible for coordination of big PR conference. It was my first so important task and I was really nervous, especially that I was told that the customer is a bit difficult... Anyway it all went really well and I have discovered that 'small crisis managemet' is what I like most an gives me the biggest satisfaction.
To summarise - attending: yes, but I don't mind, if not prefer, smaller events; speaking: need more confidence and expertise in something; organising: well, that's something that I really could get involved in!

PS. Somehow this post is not in a place it was supposed to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment