Friday 14 October 2011

Thing 10

Here it goes. My story of becoming a librarian well actually - a library manager. I think it's quite typical: I have ALWAYS loved libraries and NEVER EVER thought I will work in one...
It has all started with my local small library near to my house and my love for reading throughout whole primary and secondary school. I still have a list of all of the greatest novels photocopied from encyclopedia and still cannot believe that as a teenager I have actually read thousands of pages by Solzenicyn or Boccacio or Margaret Mitchell finding them equally interesting. Then, times of university came and reading for pleasure was a overtaken by a little bit more painful reading - because you had to. But even in those dark times of  trying to remember every name and every theory, library had always been the bright place. This time it was huge (for me) district library in my city. It was the only place where I could focus, but also meet a lot of people. After graduating I worked in advertising and training agency,travelled a litlle and decided to come to UK. By lucky coincidence, while looking for course on a college website I found job offer for E-librarian that was appropriate fo my degree, seemed interesting and challenging. And here I am, two years later, loving evry da in my job an lookig forward to the futre.

posted on saturday morning using kindle on my way to sandown... 

No comments:

Post a Comment