Monday 22 August 2011

Thing 6

Just came back from lovely holidays - there is so much to catch up with cpd23!

I use Facebook in my personal life and I think I will leave it like that. I really enjoy keeping in contact with my friends, although I'm not a Facebook addict like some of them;) Still prefer to meet in 'real life' but I find it very useful to keep in touch with people that leave far away from me now. I have a rule not to add as my friend anyone who I work with.

I have signed up to Linkedin, but struggle a little bit with finding people that I could add to my network. Also layout and navigation is slightly confusing, but I will give it a go. I think it's a very powerful tool and it can help a lot in job search/career change.

I am a CILIP member and I love idea of professional networks. While Facebook for me is for my private life and Linkedin I would use to create online profile aimed at job seeking, thematic networks are something that I find useful every day. It just helps so much if you need support, look for inspirations or solutions to the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment